Art of Breathing: Techniques
Breathe of Fire or Kapalabhati Pranayama
Kapalabhati is a very active, forced exhalation with a passive, slower inhalation. To exhale, the belly quickly pumps into the spine forcing the air out of the nose (visualize trying to blow out a candle through you nose).
Place a hand on your belly to feel the belly actively pumping. Play with the beat that is most natural to you (45-60 exhalations/30 seconds), but keep a steady rhythm.
Try starting with 2-3 rounds of 10 exhalations. Then, gradually increase the exhalations, as you feel comfortable.
- bccords likes this
- anouskabanerjee likes this
- ujiayi likes this
- maskedfacewastedspace likes this
- themotivesinside reblogged this from dauntless-in-training
- lightingmyselfonfire likes this
- potatone likes this
- charlieekat likes this
- assangistan likes this
- letmeoutofmycage likes this
- nymassejessamyn likes this
- hungryhungryhapaa likes this
- geesebumps likes this
- letsruunawaay likes this
- astrologyreadings posted this